Continental Automotive Romania
Continental Automotive Romania is expanding its electronic components factory in Timisoara. The new building will cover 35.000 square meters. Electronic components and display mirrors will be produced here.
The investment in the expansion of the production area and the construction of the new office building amounts to over 12 million euros and was necessary due to the increase in production capacity in the following years.
The German company has been present on the Romanian market since 1999. In the period 1999-2020, Continental invested approximately 2 billion euros in its activities in Romania.
- As part of this investment, ICCO Systems specialists will install the following weak current systems:
- Fire detection and signaling system with approximately 400 optically addressable smoke, smoke and temperature detectors, and gas detectors, detection on HVAC pipes, smoke control;
- Video surveillance system with 64 IP video cameras;
- Burglary detection and warning system with 53 magnetic contacts for doors and windows and 28 motion detectors;
- Access control system with a set of 7 sliding gates - access to the reception, 7 turnstiles with ESD testing in the production access area, 2 exit gates, with a total of 153 card readers;
- Car access control system with 4 barriers and intercoms;
- Public address and evacuation system with 157 loudspeakers.
- The systems will be integrated with the existing ones in the current Continental AR / TSR location.
- Continental is one of the main companies both on the Romanian market and globally that deals with the production of car components, tires, braking systems and stability control systems.
The German company has been present on the Romanian market since 1999. In the period 1999-2020, Continental invested approximately 2 billion euros in its activities in Romania. All 5 areas of activity of the company are represented in Romania.
Continental owns seven production units and four engineering centers in Timisoara, Sibiu, Carei, Nadab, Brasov and Iasi. The company is a partner in a joint venture in Iasi and has a tire distribution center in Bucharest.
For all these Continental locations, ICCO Systems is the service provider for the security systems.