In the Brasov Industrial Park, Vitesco Technologies Romania expanded its production and logistics capacity, inaugurating a Logistics Center in January 2020, an investment of 9,15 million Euros.
Vitesco Technologies is a new automotive company from the supplier area, specializing in production, research and development, with a focus on electromobility. The process by which Vitesco Technologies was born, separated from Continental, lasted about a year and involved the division of teams from all over the world so that Continental's Powertrain division became Vitesco Technologies. Through the new company, the parent group promises to respond even more promptly to the changes that electromobility entails.
In Romania, Vitesco Technologies carries out its engineering (R&D) activity in Timisoara, Sibiu and Iasi, and production operations take place in Brasov. The total number of employees in Romania is 3.000, and the teams will be expanded in the following years.
ICCO Systems participated in this project, creating the security systems and their integration into the company's security system. Also, ICCO systems created the data network for the Logistics Center. The value of the works carried out by ICCO Systems is 422.000 Euros for security systems and 76.000 Euros for the data network.
The weak currents project carried out by ICCO Systems includes:
- BOSCH fire detection system with over 215 point sensors, sensors in the ventilation pipe and 9 linear sensors for monitoring large spaces;
- Video surveillance system with 98 IP video cameras and local server integrated in the Milestone VMS system;
- INTERFLEX access control system that controls 27 doors;
- Car access control system with barriers;
- Data network with 200 ports cat. 7 – R&M equipment;